Prof Dr Neuberger
Professor Christoph Neuberger and his colleagues try to find innovative methodological and theoretical ways to cope with the growing complexity of public communication in the digital era. Neuberger’s team focuses on the following research areas:
- Internet activities of legacy media (through newsroom surveys to study editorial work).
- Emerging forms of communication on the Internet (comparing the uses and evaluations of several social media by journalists and users).
- The relationship between professional journalism and new participatory opportunities on the Internet.
- Public sphere and political communication on the Internet (actors, topic dynamics and user networks on Twitter and other platforms).
- Development of new methods (e.g., “big data” research, sentiment analysis, and network analysis).
- Theory building (interaction modes to enhance the relational and dynamic analyses of communication).
Department of Media and Communication