Data Privacy Protection
Due to security reasons, access data are stored for each access to the web server www.ifkw.lmu.de of the Department of Communication Studies and Media Research. The web server is operated for Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
Depending on the access log used, the log data file will contain items with the following information:
- IP address of the computer
- Date and time of the request
- Access method and/or intended function by requesting computer
- Input values (file name, etc.) transmitted by requesting computer
- Access status of web server (file transferred, file not found, command not executed, etc.)
- Name of file requested
- URL from which the file or the desired function was requested
Purpose of Logs
Recorded data are used for the purpose of identifying and tracking unauthorised access to the web server and - in an anonymous form - to optimise web content.
Period of record
Logged data are stored for a period of three months and then deleted.
The data analysis is done by the IT staff of the Department of Communication Science and Media Research.
If you send us an E-mail, your address will be used only for correspondence with you.
For more detailed information please contact Wolfgang Eichhorn (firstname.lastname@example.org)