The chair of Prof. Rieger deals with research questions in multiples areas of communication science.
Current research questions are:
- Why do young people believe, that news reaches them automatically?
- Does online Hate-Speech lead to offline consequences?
- Is the Internet a radicalization factor?
- Detecting radicalization and extremism in digital environments.
- Is WhatsApp influencing the Happiness of couples?
- Do commercials have an effect on the public?
- What exactly thrives podcasts, memes and similar entertainment?
- Why do adults play Pokémon?